Saturday, April 21, 2012

Readers Block

We have all heard of writers block, but you don't hear much about readers block. This is when you just find it hard to get motivated to read. I am battling my way through Proust and some days it is all too much.

So what is the cure?

I have found the best cure to be reading a light book such as a thriller or mystery, one that doesn't need a lot of concentration. It does work and after a gory thriller I am now back reading Proust and some of my more serious reading.

May the force be with you...

1 comment:

MyTricksterGod said...

You vaguely define what "reader's block" is, as in the kind of reads that your mind, for some reason, is resisting being fed.
My only thing to say about this is, when you cant eat your broccoli, eat your skittles and say Amen.