Thursday, January 17, 2013

Guest Post - Morning Muse



The poem below was written as a challenge and response to my poem Night Time Stealth Poetry. Now I know whose bed the muse jumps into after mine. The poet is Paul Pindis

My Morning Muse

She slips beside me in my bed.
As yet, all others have not stirred.
She plants a kiss that says she’s here,
And once again my mind is hers.

I might attempt to close my eyes,
To hold off thoughts she chose to seed.
One might as well try block the sun
As not pursue what she’s decreed.

The inspiration that she brings,
Like clockwork, every day at dawn,
Will not delay a moment more.
I’m nothing but my muse’s pawn.

A mistress that won’t be denied,
‘Tis folly to think I’d complain.
For with her tasks she brings the gifts
No poet ever would disdain.

And here is my poem being which is being responded to.

Night Time Stealth Poetry

Why is night the time
To vent my spleen
Upon the page?

At night
The stillness creeps
entering
into my consciousness
like a stealthy cat,

Maybe the day is far to real
To allow me
To wander, explore and
Inhabit the place
That lies
Between my mind
and heart.

The place called the
Night Time Stealth and Poetry,
Arcade.

DK



Thanks Paul for rising to the challenge.

I now have a new genre of poetry called response poetry...

Grant


Help The MBSPoet fund his poetry

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing my work through your site, Grant. However, allow me to leave you the following addendum:

I see that you continue to suggest/ that my muse arrives after leaving your bed./ But her honor I defend against all such lies./ Yes she sits with you, but to cradle your head./ It is not your bed that she enjoys/ but the sport of toying with your wit./ And with the dawn, as she returns,/ her fresh bouquet's the perfect gift.

workout2day4evr said...

Just lovely :)