Friday, September 19, 2008

Business Travel

This poem is dedicated to those of you who partake in the joys of business travel...

Business Travel

Today I caught the red eye
Last week I caught the red eye
Last month I caught the red eye

I hate the red eye!

why can't the meetings
start at 11 instead of 8?
I would not get up early
and still
wouldn't be late

One hotel morphs
into another hotel
airport
looks like airport
the boredom is inane

I hate hotels!

why can't we all live together
and just walk to the meetings?
Time spent on traveling
would be spent on greetings

the only redeeming thing
is the people
the you's and me's
infinite
in variety

DK

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I really appreciate it. Thanks a lot. It's an awesome poem provided to the people who partake in the joys of business travel...

Travel Business